As we hit fall weather, these last 9 months have gone so fast. Who knew 2020 would bring so much fear, unrest, and loss. I see friends who are stressed, have gained weight, and are losing hope for change. I hope this article will help.
This is an article about you. Do what works best for you. Choose your favorite self-care ideas and write them on an index card.
I’m sharing what works for me.
- Go on a daily walk.
- Try to cook a home-cooked meal instead of ordering out.
- Schedule personal self-care time each day.
- Create an at-home Spa Day. Put a homemade face mask.
- Have a checklist. Do one thing at a time.
- Watch a feel-good Hallmark movie. Christmas ones are my favorite.
- Sing. Especially if no one is around.
- Read a book just for yourself. Romantic? Spiritual? Self Help?
- Enjoy a long, hot, eucalyptus bath before bed.
- Schedule 5 – 10-minute “play” breaks during the workday. Jumping jacks, dance music, or anything fun and non-work-related during this time.
- Create a Wish Jar for 2021. Write your list of what you want to do for next year.
- Create a vision board-travel, romance, etc…
These are just a few of my favorite things that have helped me this year.
Here’s to a few more months of 2020 and let’s end it with a Bang!
Leave a Comment