In this Policy, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through the Services, you can, among other activities, order publications and products, including print and digital subscriptions and newsletters; sign up for events; engage in various activities including entering contests or sweepstakes, voting in polls or otherwise expressing an opinion or participate in one of our online forums or communities.
Some of the information we request from you is required in order for you to use our Services. If you do not wish to provide such information to us, you are not obligated to, but as a result you may not be able to use the particular Service. However, some of the information we request from you is optional. This means that you can elect not to provide it to us and you will still be able to use the Service. If not all the information we request on a form is required, we may identify the required information to you such as by displaying an asterisk (*) next to the field where we request the required information.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US ABOUT YOURSELF OR OTHERS
You give information to us directly when, for example, you register for a subscription or newsletter, purchase a product from us, disclose information in response to a survey, apply for a job, or contact our customer service department. Through some features of the Services and through certain promotions, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name, mailing and/or e-mail address to send a gift or electronic greeting card. The types of personal information that may be collected about other people at these pages include: recipient’s name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. Please ensure that you notify the person whose information you are providing to us. Please remember that any information you disclose in any public forum or community areas becomes public information and is immediately accessible to other users, so it is important for you to carefully consider what, if any, information you reveal in these areas.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you interact with our Services, we (and our partners, advertisers, advertising networks and other third party service providers) automatically collect certain information. For example, we collect information about the webpages you view and how you move through our Services, how you reach our Services, how you interact with our social media pages, and how you interact with our email communications.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We obtain information from third party sources, which may include:
- Third party data suppliers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect;
- Social networks when you reference our Services or grant permission to Time to access your data on one or more of these services;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities; and
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
THE FOLLOWING IS A LISTING OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal Identifiers:
- Name, phone number, email address, and contact address.
- Demographic information such as age, gender, and income level.
- Social media handles and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
- We collect or create a unique numerical identifier when you use our Services.
- We collect your credit card number (through a service provider) when you complete a transaction. You have the option to store this information as part of your account.
- We or external parties operating on our behalf collect information about the device you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, a device ID, and information about your web browser.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about the websites you came from and to which you are going, ad clicks, search history, and other information regarding your interaction with our websites and applications, such as the duration you stay on a webpage.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. We may collect your photographic or video image in limited circumstances, such as when you attend an event hosted by Time.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect professional or employment-related information you voluntarily provide.
- Education information: We collect education information you voluntarily provide.
- Geolocation Data: We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services, from which we or external parties operating on our behalf may be able to determine your general location. If you are using our app, with your consent, we or our authorized service providers and partners also may use precise geolocation technology such as GPS or Wi-Fi triangulation or mobile Bluetooth beacon technology to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We or third parties operating on our behalf may analyze your actual or likely preferences based on the information we gather about you as described above.