Looking to surprise mami with something simple yet super fancy? Look no further and treat the moms in your life with these fun brunch mini frittatas. Having eggs are a great start to your day. Unlike yogurts and cereals, you will find zero carbs and no sugar in these high quality protein eggs. With so many veggie and cheese options, this recipe is flexible and a fun crowd-pleaser.
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 4-5 thin chorizo slices, chopped
- ⅓ cup queso fresco, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until somewhat foamy.
- Mix in chorizo, cheese, cilantro and chives.
- Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick spray and fill each muffin cup a little more than half way.
- Bake until egg is set and lightly browned about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve warm.
Makes 24 mini frittatas.
Chorizo Slicing Tip: For easier chopping, freeze chorizo for about 30 minutes. Then roll each slice and chop.