As your skin changes from one season to the next (dry in the winter, oily in the summer) so do you as a person. This is to be expected since it’s part of growing up, living life, experiencing the world and evolving. Si lo piensas bien, it doesn’t make sense to assume you’re supposed to stay the same forever. That includes your style, your routines or even your appearance. Though many of us no dejamos de usar el rabito de eyeliner, others may long for a change. As you get older y tu vida cambia, so does your estilo. Here are some ideas on como puedes cambiar tu rutina to reinvent yourself and allow the new you to emerge.
- Reinventar tu imagen can be switching up your hair color/style, your signature lipstick or your wardrobe. If you are a brunette, cambia a rubia o pelo rojo. This doesn’t have to be a permanent change since you can buy a rinse pretty much anywhere and sport un color diferente for a few months at a time.
- Si siempre luces pinta labios rojos, change to nude or visa-versa. Sometimes your statement can be soft but is different enough for you to see it. Eso es lo que importa since we’re not reinventing ourselves para los demas. We’re doing it because we owe it to ourselves to be our true selves always.
- For spring, tal vez you’re looking to ditch your full coverage foundation for a lighter BB or CC Cream. There are a lot of formulas available now a days asi que you’ll have options.
- Do you normally have super short nails that you keep looking dainty with clear nail polish if you do any polish at all? What if you tried having longer nails for a week with those new press on nails? They’re super cute, go on and off easy and give your hands a feminine dainty look. On the other hand (pun intended) si ya tienes long nails, change up the way you wear them for a little while. If you’re a square manicure kind of girl, what if you tried a pointy version of the French manicure?
- Go from curly to straight or straight to curly. Cambiando nuestro pelo is one of the easiest things to do. Since most of us have heat styling tools, podemos cambiar de estilo facilmente. The great thing is, you’re not giving up your natural hair for very long, just until your next wash.
- Never wear eyeliner? What if you went to the other end of the spectrum and tried a winged liner? Always wear eyeliner? Maybe opt for curled lashes with a few coats of mascara and put the focus on your labios. Remember it doesn’t have to be tricky either, if you’re not used to liquid try a gel, cream or pencil liner. El punto es to have fun.
- While we’re on the eyes, ever thought about switching up your eye color? Colored contacts are a huge trend! Now you can match your eyes to your sneaks or coordinate them to go with your outfit. ¿Usas espejuelos? You could match your frames to your outfits. Many retailers have specials, where you can buy more than one pair. This is your chance to opt for pops of color instead of basic colors.
Reinventing your look or your routine this Spring is for you and you alone. Disfrutalo! Amate profundamente and let whoever you evolve into, take center stage. You’ll be surprised how many compliments you get when you change something up that people can’t quite put their finger on. All they can tell is that you are feeling good about yourself. Now THAT’S authentic beauty.