After a long day of whatever it is that we do, we all look forward to losing the bra, washing our face and unwinding before bed. Can I get an AMEN?! Knowing that the next day can hold more stress or obstacles a veces can get us anxious before we lay down and can sometimes keep us tossing and turning.
Perfecting that nighttime routine can make you feel rejuvenated. Asi que let’s get right to it so you can start putting into practice a few steps that will surely have you relaxing in no time. Que rico relajarse, no?
1. Un bano o una ducha tibia will help relax your muscles. Don’t rush through your time alone. Soak in the peace and take time to breathe through the gentle massage of the water.
2. Try to go to bed at the same time every night. The routine helps get your body ready to relax. It may take some time to get used to but making this a priority is essential for quality sleep.
3. Drinking some warm decaffeinated tea will warm your body and prepare it for rest. Skip the sugar if you can since it’s a stimulant but add a bit of honey if you must have a bit of sweet in your tea.
4. Avoid distracting yourself by watching tv, using a laptop or even your phone right before bed. Lord knows social media will still be there in the cuando despiertes so give it a rest before hitting the hay. Besides, the blue light of the electronics keeps your mind going, making it hard to fall asleep. Instead, read a book, make a “to-do” list for the next day or write in a gratitude journal to keep positivity at the forefront as you drift off.
5. Deep breathing or meditating is also a great way to wind down. 5 minutos just to yourself counting down and consciously relaxing each muscle in your body as you exhale. Por ejemplo, tense (and inhale) and then release (exhale) your jaw, then your neck, now your shoulders etc. By the time you get down to your toes, your body will be completely relaxed and you’ll slip into a deep sleep.
Cuando despiertes, you’ll feel so much better, y con el tiempo, you’ll be thanking yourself for taking time for yourself.