These spring rolls are packed with shrimp and colorful veggies. They’re fun to make and an easy way to get kids involved. Paired with a bright and refreshing dipping sauce, you could enjoy as a main dish or as an appetizer.
For our filling, we took a short cut and used a Chipotle and Cheddar salad kit. Salad kits come ready to eat and in many varieties which could make preparing spring rolls an adventure. Which flavor will you choose?
Spring Roll Ingredients:
- 8 pieces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sheets spring roll paper
- 10.4 oz bag chipotle and cheddar salad kit
Chimichurri Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all chimichurri ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix salad with dressing. Set aside half on a serving plate and top with tortilla chips and cheese.
- Fill a small bowl with ice and water.
- Fill medium saucepan with water. Squeeze juice from lemon into boiling water and stir in lemon halves.
- Add bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add shrimp.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Add shrimp into ice water and let stand for 2 minutes. Remove from ice bath and cut each shrimp in half.
- To assemble rolls, first fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for a few seconds to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 4 pieces of shrimp and a spoonful of salad mix from the bowl.
- Leave about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve over salad and chimichurri sauce.