Ponte La Faja! – It’s Not an Old School Thing Anymore
Te acuerdas seeing your grandmother or mother running to put on her faja before getting dressed to go out? “Yo no voy a salir así, necesito mi faja”. It seemed so old school till SPANX showed up and busted down the “seamless secret” doors. Though Hollywood has probably never left this little gem out of their formal attire it’s showing up now in everyday wear, even under tank tops and bodysuits on people like Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez.
I’m sure you’ve all seen the candid shots some paparazzi took that happened to catch shapewear under skirts or tops. Though the brand names for these undergarments are unknown, the fact of the matter is, that when you least expect it, there it is. Look, thank goodness that’s what they’re catching on camera because I know we all remember a certain photo of a certain singer who was caught exiting her car and she definitely was NOT wearing shapewear (or underwear for that matter).
The thing is, we all want to look good. Even those that already look good are their own worst critic and a faja just makes them feel more comfortable and put together when they go out. Asi que, I’ve rounded up the best fajas out there, so you too can slip into your holiday outfits sin problema. Noche Buena deserts don’t stand a chance.
- Spanx starts us off, “duh” with a pretty big selection of shapewear. Ranging from light, medium to firm hold, it’s pretty much got you covered no importa que buscas. Aqui, you can pretty much pick up a whole outfit and walk around like a stuffed sausage if you wanted. I’m not judging, I’m just saying.
- Mrs. Kardashian-West recently launched her shapewear SKIMS and blew the world away with her super inclusive sizes. Allowing everyone to enjoy the power of bodycon dresses and leggings without feeling like they’re being eyeballed by las chismosas at the party.
- Jackie London tiene fajas that will change your life. Well, your silhouette anyway. They’ve got one for any occasion and dejame decirte que hasta los jeans tengo in my cart.
- Honeylove calls their miraculous garment “Sculptwear” and I for one am here for it. Appealing to our inner desire to be una obra de arte, this marketing idea is freakin GENIUS! With reviews backing up their claims that their “Superpower” short doesn’t roll down, estan ensenandoles a todos that they are not playin’.
- Next up on the list of must haves is the Oprah approved Yummie brand. Featured on her 2010 Oprah Winfrey show and then again in her December 2015 Magazine, Yummie offers more than just shapewear. Esta compania has got you covered from tops to toes, literally. Selling everything from tops, bottoms, bras, socks and tights, you can get a whole outfit right from their website!
Así que ya saben. Get your shapewear early so you can take them with you to pick out your outfit to wear to the sala and comedor. You’ll be able to indulge in coquito and pernil to your heart’s content and maybe follow up with some flan. Happy Holidays!
Learn more about Cristina here!